Twenty questions for authors, none about writing. Some questions are not in the form of a question. (Previous Q&As may be found HERE.)
This week we have TONY ABBOTT, author of the novel Lunch-box Dream, Firegirl, and The Postcard. (See below for purchase links.)
TA: Sandoval Harper
2. Satan hoofs up and says two words to you. What are they?
TA: “It’s time.”
3. Give us an A+ summer song.
TA: “‘Cause We’ve Ended as Lovers” [Youtube]
4. What is the worst injury you’ve ever sustained?
TA: Falling off my bike and landing on my hands
5. Form a supergroup using any four musicians, living or dead, that would be thoroughly awesome to experience, for better or worse.
TA: Charles Mingus (double bass), Ginger Baker (drums), Norah Jones (vocal and guitar), and Orpheus (lead guitar)
TA: I don’t like to dress up, though I realize that doesn’t answer your question.
7. Tell us something you built.
TA: A Nativity scene using cedar shingles when I was nine
8. If you could safely have one non-domesticated animal as a lifelong companion, what would it be? (Fantasy creatures are allowed.)
TA: A tiger
9. What do you like to grow?
TA: My lawn
10. Name a thing you love that nobody else you personally know also loves.
TA: Stacks of books on the floor
11. How would you like those eggs?
TA: Over easy
TA: The gifts
13. You’ve just been turned into a lousy superhero. Who are you, and who is your nemesis?
TA: Elbow Johnny. He battles evil with lightning-quick elbow action. His nemesis is named Nemesis, played by Truman Capote in the lost film, Elbow Johnny and Nemesis’s Sisyphus Symptoms.
14. Name a thought that has profoundly scared you in the night.
TA: I work for myself.
15. You’re stinking rich. What’s the first thing you add to your home?
TA: A wall around the yard
- 16. What are you up to this weekend?
TA: Answering interview questions
TA: Comfortable: Green. Anxious: Skin color.
18. What is the strangest job you ever had?
TA: Dishwasher. Or plongeur, as Orwell has it.
19. I mean honestly: aren’t you better off living without ___?
20. James Cameron discovers something new at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. What do you hope it is?
TA: A sealed container holding manuscripts of two undiscovered Faulkner novels from the period 1929-1936
Tony Abbott (born 1952) is an American author of children’s books. His most popular work is the book series The Secrets of Droon, which includes over 40 books. He has sold over 12 million copies of his books and they have been translated into several other languages, including Italian, Spanish, Korean, French, Japanese, Polish, Turkish, and Russian. He has also written the bestseller Firegirl.
Previous Q&As may be found HERE.
Buy his books: